It's pretty yucky out there!
Craig at Kincaid has been waiting for a break in the rain and is finally heading out on the snow machine. His plan is to just crack the surface of the ice on the trails this afternoon, then head out late this evening, when the temperature drops, and really try to get a good finish. There are two races this weekend, one Saturday and one Sunday, and he is hoping that the weather cooperates so he can put down a safe course.
Tom on the Hillside is in the same boat, with a race on Saturday and Sunday, and he is also concerned about preparing the trails so they are safe. He has been out at various times already today in between the rain showers, and is now waiting until late this evening to get back on the trails.
SKI AT YOUR OWN RISK! The trails are icy everywhere.
Bill is staying off the trails in Chugiak/Eagle River until this weather system moves on and/or it gets colder.
Have a good weekend and be safe!